Re: Color coding

Ginger wrote:
> color coding the links on the site - one color for external links and
> one for links to content on my site.
It all depends on what you do with each type of link. If all of them
open in the same window, I would consider the visual differentiation as
"additional information", so there is no strict need to convey the same
information (although it could help to anybody). But if the external
links will open in a new window, for example, you will need to inform
the user in a more robust way (for example, with a "new window" icon
including an alt text and a title for the link). By the way, opening new
browser windows is not a good idea.

In any case, I'm a low vision user and I usually work with high contrast
settings, so both the colour of the links or background images that you
define with styles are totally lost. For me, all your links will look
the same (something like cyan over black).

Regards,
Ramón.