Re: high contrast and background images

From: Wayne Dick <wed@csulb.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:56:59 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I have read many Thierry's pages that are done
with sprites, and I have restyled them.  I have
viewed them with no style, no images, my own
background in many colors and more.  In short I
tried to break them and couldn't.  The reason is
that Thierry's "text equivalent" is part of the
html.  I actually could have read his code, but I
was lazy.

You need to provide a text equivalent.  That can
be alt-text or other forms.  This looks like a
case where we need a new sufficient technique for
"short text equivalent".

Wayne