Re: high contrast and background images

Another possibility I thought of is to choose a background image that can satisfy http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/H67
If the chosen background image satisfies H67, than there would not be any need for the alt tag.

________________________________
From: Thierry Koblentz <ng@tjkdesign.com>
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Sent: Mon, June 14, 2010 3:51:08 PM
Subject: RE: high contrast and background images

> The technique developers need to use will allow this text to appear in
place of the background image when high contrast is used.

A better approach would be to *not* use a technique that relies on
background-image to avoid losing these images when users switch to high
contrast styles sheets.

For example, a technique like this one should make this a non-issue:

http://tjkdesign.com/articles/how-to_use_sprites_with_my_Image_Replacement_t
echnique.asp

--
Regards,