RE: on headings, labels, links, and image maps

1) When using a screenreader I can jump up and down a well constructed
page quite easily by going to the next or previous heading. If the
headings are not nested properly I start to wonder if I have missed
something and have to go into virtual focus to read all the surrounding
text. So for me "should" is a pretty imperative should.
2) Guidelines are just that - guidelines. If you have a very good reason
not to nest headings properly, and can at the same time ensure that the
reading sequence is logical, then fair enough. But I would love to see
an example of where this has been achieved.

Richard
http:www.userite.com