GIF FLICKER RATE question (WCAG 1.0)

From: Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:45:18 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>, 508 <508@Access-Board.gov>, lorettaguarino@google.com, gv@trace.wisc.edu
I have a question. My agency needs to follow the seizure rule for WCAG 1.0 (4-59 Hz). We have the exact same image which is duplicated on the same page, with the same height, and width. However, when we run a GIF Flicker Rate scan from http://tools.webaccessibile.org/test/check.aspx we get different pass/fail results. If we use the top option, we test the page; and we fail.

If we use the bottom option, we test the image; and it passes.

Can you help to suggest which rule should be emphasized when their is a conflict on the GIF Flicker Rate (the page test; or the image test)?

Sincerely,

Chris