Re: ARIA Project

Hi,

At 05:20 7/12/2009, LU OGBE wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am a Business IT student in my final year. I am thinking of doing
>a project on how screen readers such as JAWS behave with ARIA.
>Please can anyone give me advice on websites, mailing lists  and
>online materials apart from the w3 where I can find useful material?
>Thanks in advance.

Maybe these links can get you started:
* Steve Faulkner: AJAX and Screen Readers - Content Access Issues (Feb 2008):
   <http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=15>
* Steve Faulkner: Testing WAI-ARIA Role Support (Dec 2008):
   <http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=100>
* Steve Faulkner: JAWS version 10 with WAI-ARIA live region support!
(Aug 2008):
   <http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=89>
* Marco Zehe: The WAI-ARIA Windows screen reader shootout (July 2009):
   <http://www.marcozehe.de/2009/07/01/the-wai-aria-windows-screen-reader-shootout/>
* Mozilla Developer Center: ARIA Screen Reader Implementors Guide
   <https://developer.mozilla.org/En/ARIA_Screen_Reader_Implementors_Guide>
* Microsoft: Mapping ARIA Roles, States, and Properties to UI Automation
   <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc891505(VS.85).aspx>
* Free ARIA Community:
   <http://groups.google.com/group/free-aria>
* Code Talks:
   <http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>

Also, make sure that you understand what an accessibility API is and
why it is important.

Best regards,

Christophe

--