Re: More than one h1 tag

This posting string was brought to my attention since there was a question about WCAG conformance at the start of it.

In all of these discussions, it is important to distinguish between what is good practice (or best practice)  and what is required by WCAG 2.0

The original question was related to what is required for WCAG 2.0 conformance.
The answer to that question is that having only 1 H1 title on a page is not required by WCAG 2.0.

I will leave the best practice discussion to others -- since that is a broader question and relates both to general best practice and best practice for accessibility.

Regards

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center