RE: Advice on AA conformation

Hi Andrew

Leaving aside the question of legality; was the application audited with
reference to WCAG 1.0 or WCAG 2.0?

As I am sure you know, parts of WCAG 1.0 are highly subjective. With WCAG
2.0 however, it seems to me that using the normative Success Criteria and
informative Techniques you are much more likely to produce repeatable
results. Of course, there is always like to be some subjective element, for
example is the content of this text alternative really an equivalent
alternative or are they just some words that fill the space but aren't
really an equivalent.

My suggestion would be to use WCAG 2.0 and ask the auditors to provide a
Compliance Statement, which outlines the technologies used and relied upon
and those that are used and not replied upon, as suggested in the WCAG 2.0
documentation. However, this still leaves open the question of which
technologies are you allowed to consider accessibility supported within your
jurisdiction.

Roger

  _____