Re: Clarification of duration of flashing or flickering (Success Criteria 2.3.1)

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 05:06:52 -0500
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Thanks Gregg for clarification - it was the key word "any" that I missed -
as in: "any one second".

But I think there is still a need for an upper limit during that any one
second period.  For example, if it flashes 80 times in that one second
period I do not believe it is a problem - is it?

Maybe a clearer discussion between flicker frequency that the developer
has no control over verses the flash rate during that one second period
would help?

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,