From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Roger Hudson
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 4:11 PM
To: 'Phill Jenkins'; 'WAI Interest Group'
Subject: RE: New: Perspectives on Accessibility

I agree the new look is better and easier to use, but like Phil I think it
would be good if it didn’t rely so much on text.

Not only pictures I would like to suggest the use of videos and animation.
I can’t believe how many people have contacted me about the video I did a
while ago showing Bruce Maguire using a refreshable Braille device
(http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/refreshable-braille-and-the-web/
. Many people said they really liked seeing the Braille machine being used
for a real task like buying a book rather than only having someone just
demonstrating it. I am hoping to do something similar with a screen
magnifier in the near future and other ATs after that.

I think it would be great if the WAI site could have videos of people with
disabilities using the web for everyday things – shopping, playing online
games, booking tickets etc. Maybe also some videos of people struggling
with things like CAPTCHA or some of the new interactive social networking
sites/tools (or maybe not?)

Regards

Roger

Roger Hudson
Web Usability
Ph: 02 9568 1535
Mb: 0405 320 014
Email: rhudson@usability.com.au
Web: www.usability.com.au
Blog: www.dingoaccess.com

Freezer 31: Sky goes to dinner at her parents’ house and has a surprising
encounter with her uncle, Elliott Price.
http://www.dingoaccess.com/freezer/freezer-ep-31-dinner-with-uncle-elliott
/