2.4.4 WITH PDF'S

From: Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: gv@trace.wisc.edu
I recently saw on the forum the following opinions:

1) If a visited site already complied with 2.4.4 do I need to comply?
There response is that "I have not obligation under WCAG 2.0 to ensure that where I link to is accessible."
If I have link to a  downlodable document that was split into multiple documents:
2) Link to the page providing the PDF's. It is more benefical if the page already provides the format  and/or other offers downloads in other formats. It is also more benefical when a document comes out with a new release, rather than linking to the same PDF document, leaving my visitors with a broken link.
3) Can I link to HTML/text version and ignore file type and file size?
Their response is "Yes".

Does WCAG/WAI Working Group agree with any of these opinions that have been obtained from an independent source?