RE: Resize Text (1.4.4)

Hi,

At 17:15 6/08/2009, W Reagan wrote:
>The test at
><http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G142>http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G142
>is to determine if the browser supports the website up to 200%
>
>Procedue:
>1. Display content in a user agent
>2. Zoom content up to 200%
>3. Check whether all content and functionality is available.
>

>Internet Explorer 7 and Opera 9 provide a zoom function that scales
>HTML/CSS page content uniformly.
>
>This is why I troubleshooted my document with Opera. As I mentioned
>before, the only version avaliable for Opera is 9.6.4. Statement # 3
>is true in Opera, but only up to 150%,

Do you really mean that at a zoom level higher than 150% there are
overlaps or other problems that obscure text and/or make
functionality unusable? (Note that the guidelines do not require
uniform zooming.)

With regard to Firefox: it does not allow you to see the zoom level
(unlike SeaMonkey) but there are a few add-ons that support this, for
example the Firefox Accessibility Extension: <http://firefox.cita.uiuc.edu/>.

Best regards,

Christophe

--