Re: Consistent ID (3.2.4)

Chris Reeve wrote:
> Please take a look at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G197, example
> 3. Can a contact link still pass 3.2.4, if the text link is hidden?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, although I suspect you are
trying to comply with the letter, but not the spirit.

You cannot rely on links being hidden as you should not assume that CSS
will be honoured, and CSS should not be used to affect meaning.

In some countries, hiding a contact link from users would be illegal,
for commercial sites, under Busines Names legislation, and the lack of
good contact information is always a warning of a dodgy business on a
commercial site.

--
David Woolley