Re: HR TAG, HEADING TAG, AND COLOR CONTRAST/AAA 1.4.6

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:02:05 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Quoth Chris Reeve at 2009-07-28 15:36...
> Can you suggest how to improve the hr tag and headers for 1.4.6?

There are those who would argue that use of <hr /> is non-semantic and
purely presentational markup and is thus best not used at all. I know
that I got talked out of it a fair while back, but can't recall all the
arguments.

Now I'd use the likes of:

Some content.
Some more content.

... to achieve the same visual effect, changing the styling to suit.
(Note that I don't advocate the use of inline styling like that, I'm
just using it for the purposes of this example.)

Can't comment on your headers as you don't provide a link to the content
in question.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/