Re: Thoughts towards an accessible <canvas>

Jon Gunderson wrote:
> It would be useful if browsers had an accessibility mode that would allow web developers to easily view the accessibility of the content of a web page and at least have keyboard support for navigation to headings (h1-h6) and the new ARIA landmark roles.
>
> Accessibility mode would have at least the following features:
>
> 1. Render alternatives in place of non-text content
> 2. Remove CSS and tables that are being used for layout

[ Cross posting removed ]

Amaya already does item 1.

Item 2 suggests physically removing tables, but you would actually need
to turn td and th elements into div (or keep them and set the CSS
display property.  As such changes would change the DOM, you would have
to do this just before rendering.

Also, this list is far from complete, e.g. my biggest accessibility
issue is layouts that fall to pieces when you disable author font sizes.
  These tend to happen most when people are trying not to use layout tables.

--
David Woolley