Re: Best way to markup standards compliant symbols

Mery

Characters outside the seven-bit ASCII range should be encoded. If characters
are not encoded then it may lead to mis-representation in the host browser -
thus an inter-operability failure.

It is not irrelevant to accessibility as lack of inter-operability may lead to
inaccessible pages.

  You can find more information here:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/sgml/entities.html
    http://www.entitycode.com/

Warm regards
Harry

 We do not inherit the Earth from our Parents-
 We are simply Borrowing it from our Children!

 Join 'Consumer Resistance Against Packaging' at
http://apps.new.facebook.com/causes/57239?recruiter_id=12448357