Success Criterion 2.4.7. Focus Order

From: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:38:58 +0200
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi, all.

I'm reading the Understanding SC 2.4.7 about Focus Order, and I'm in
doubt about what is the meaning of "having a mode of operation that...".

For instance, if I have a hidden "skip to contents" link (via css
off-left), when a user tabs to this link the focus will not be visible;
but if the user disables CSS, in this "mode" the link will be visible
and also the focus. My question is: would this be considered valid?
Should we show all the links to comply with this criterion? Are
css-hidden links forbidden?

Thanks in advance,
Ramón.