Re: accessibility policy in Cyprus?

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:08:54 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 12:15 2/04/2009, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>Does anyone know anything about legislation regarding the
>accessibility of websites (including intranets) in Cyprus? I've
>searched several other sources on policy and legislation (see
>below), but Cyprus is usually not listed. Any pointers would be
>appreciated. (For example, if there is no legislation on
>accessibility of websites or other electronic media, is there any
>general anti-discrimination legislation that could be relied on?)

Thank you for the responses on and off-list.
I found additional info at
* National Lisbon Programme of the Republic of Cyprus
* the MeAC country profiles:

Cyprus does not seem to have legislation regarding accessibility of
websites (unless something changed very recently).

Best regards,

>My sources:
>* W3C WAI's webpage on policies relating to web accessibility:
>   <http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/>
>   Cyprus is not listed.
>* Support-EAM's overview from 2005:
>   Cyprus is not listed.
>* ICDRI: Global Legal and Policy Resources:
>   Cyprus is not listed.
>* The country profile at
>   <https://countryprofiles.wikispaces.com/Cyprus+Riga+Accessibility>
>   The page on e-Accessibility is empty.
>* The "i2010 e-Inclusion Subgroup National Reports" from December 2007:
>   <http://www.epractice.eu/files/download/i2010_eInclusion_Reports.pdf>
>   Cyprus is not listed.
>Best regards,
>Christophe Strobbe
>Christophe Strobbe
>K.U.Leuven - Dept. of Electrical Engineering - SCD
>Research Group on Document Architectures
>Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442
>B-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
>tel: +32 16 32 85 51
>Please don't invite me to LinkedIn, Facebook, Quechup or other
>"social networks". You may have agreed to their "privacy policy",
>but I haven't.
>Disclaimer: http://www.kuleuven.be/cwis/email_disclaimer.htm

Christophe Strobbe
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442