Re: Section 508 and WCAG 2.0

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:43:16 -0600
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: Michael Gaigg <mgaigg@esri.com>
508 is undergoing a revision over the next couple years.

the first stage of that was an Advisory committee (TEITAC) that came
up with recommendations

the advisory committee contained several WCAG Working group members
and both TEITAC and WCAG worked together to harmonize.  And, though
they weren't completely harmonized (since both changed a bit at the
end) all comments from members to access board were to continue
harmonization in further steps.

That help?

Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center