RE: Accessible online media players

Cheryl D Wise wrote:
> I saw it at Chris's presentation at Webmaster Jam and forwarded the
> link on to a few blind users I know. All of which have had good
> things to say about it.

It may be that one of the best things about it with regard to screen reader
users is the parsed list of search results!

One of the typical problems with online players is the lack of keyboard
control, and especially the ability to pause and/or stop media with a single
keystroke.  This player does not present a way of handling that particular
problem, although it does provide a sticky volume control that works very
well.

I was recently given an assignment to annotate a fairly lengthy piece of
music at specific points identified by their positions from the beginning of
the work.  Easy YouTube Player and many other Many software-based media
players do not provide acceptable screen reader access to the controls
necessary to quickly navigate to a specific point in time.  In fact, the
standard YouTube player's counter is at least visible to modern screen
readers.  I could not locate the counter in Easy YouTube Player.