Re: WCAG Compliance - found 424 of them in English

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:02:03 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 15:57 2/10/2008, Ryan Jean wrote:
>Can someone give me a list of sites with the WCAG compliant logo?

> If you're just looking for sites that use or abuse the WCAG
> conformance logos (as opposed to sites that really meet the
> guidelines, regardless of logos), you can just do an image search. In
> English, these icons usually have alt text like "Level A conformance
> icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0" - with some
> variations on this theme.

Thanks for the "search tip", I did a Google image search and only found
424 sites (or pages containing the logo) with the English alt text:

        . . . about 424 for Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.

notice that this includes the Double-A and Triple-A logos as well.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Level+A+conformance+icon%2C+W3C-WAI+Web+Content+Accessibility+Guidelines+1.0&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research - Human Ability & Accessibility Center