Update on WCAG 2.0: Need a few more implementations

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:41:32 -0500
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Dear WAI Interest Group Participants,

Since publishing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 as a Candidate Recommendation, the WCAG Working Group has been collecting and evaluating implementations (that is, examples of how real Web sites meet WCAG 2.0). Previous WCAG 2.0 Candidate Recommendation Implementation Information is at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/CR/>.

We have implementations for almost all success criteria, and need a few more. We currently need implementations of at least the following WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria:
* 1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded)
 <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20080430/media-equiv-av-only-alt.html>
* 1.2.7 Audio Description (Extended)
 <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20080430/media-equiv-extended-ad.html>
* 2.2.5 Re-authenticating
 <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20080430/time-limits-server-timeout.html>

For a comprehensive list of implementations needed, see the WCAG 2 FAQ update at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/wcag2faq.html#update1>

If you are able to provide implementations of these success criteria, please e-mail <team-wcag2-implementations@w3.org> and Loretta Guarino Reid at <lorettaguarino@google.com>.

Next Steps:

We are still hoping to complete WCAG 2.0 in 2008. The WCAG Working Group is meeting face-to-face 1-3 October 2008 to address remaining issues. We will provide another status update in October or November.

For information about Candidate Recommendation and the other steps needed to complete WCAG 2.0, see:
* How WAI Develops Accessibility Guidelines
 <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/w3c-process.php>

Feel free to circulate this message to other lists; please avoid cross-postings where possible.

Regards,
~Shawn Lawton Henry
On behalf of:
Loretta Guarino Reid, WCAG WG Co-Chair