Re: [WebAIM] Using Google Chrome with a screen reader

Hi Jonas

It's good to hear that Google have plans for rapid improvements in the
accessibility of Google Chrome. Providing a simple user interface is
definitely a usability improvement that potentially benefits all
users, but at present for many people with disabilities Google Chrome
is simply unusable.

Here at TPG we work with many companies that use web browsers as a
software platform and we have already been contacted by clients who
want to take advantage of the potential Google Chrome holds for the
delivery of better performing more robust accessible rich internet
applications, but will not be able to do so until Google Chrome
provides the required support.

It would be a real step forward for accessibility on the web if Google
made a public commitment to make Google Chrome conformant with the
W3C's User Agent Accessibility Guidelines, and, like the Mozilla
Foundation, work with users with disabilities and Assistive Technology
vendors to ensure that Google Chrome is the most accessible browser
available.

with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe