Re: OFF TOPIC - Shame on Google

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 13:00:13 -0700
Cc: John Foliot <foliot@wats.ca>, wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "wai-xtech@w3.org WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, webaim-forum@list.webaim.org
To: Harry Loots <harry.loots@ieee.org>

Harry Loots wrote:

> When was Google elevated to status of beyond reproach?

I never said that they were, and I have reproached Google in the past.

> If it was Microsoft being criticised would you have defended them in
> the same
> manner?

If the circumstances were the same, absolutely. I would [1] and I have
[2].

1. Though I might do it from a different email account. ;-)

2. For example, web developers love to criticize Internet Explorer,
but they forget that at the time version 4 and 5 were released, IE was
leaps and bounds above the competition. I've defended Microsoft on
this point in the past, and while I prefer the current versions of
Safari, Firefox, and Opera to IE, it doesn't mean I think IE is a
terrible product that brings shame on Microsoft as a whole.