Re: Page Relocate

David Dorward wrote:

>> And does the screen read "You are being redirected" or anything?
>
> Some user agents can be configured to do this, most are not.

The IETF standard that specifies HTTP and therefore redirect types,
advises authors that they should provide content with the redirect that
links to the new location; I suspect library interfaces, like PHP, will
do this for you.  Most browsers that honour redirects won't display that
and most authors wouldn't want them to do it.  (Note redirects are more
common than you think; if you miss the "/" at the end of a URL that
resolves to a directory, you will get a redirect to the corrected URL,
with the "/".)

Where you will see redirect messages on the screen are where people are
violating the SHOULD NOT rule in the HTML specification, and using meta
refresh, or they are ignoring browsers without scripting or with
scripting disabled.
--
David Woolley