Re: Style Working Group has gone into purely reactive accessibility mode

Hi,

At 12:42 18/07/2008, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>David,
>
>in reference to your comment "his line" can I refer you to the
>formal objection to WCAG2 to which every single representative, of
>around 40 active groups that were asked, signed?

Do you mean a formal objection to their charter or list policy?
(I had a brief look at some recent discussion and read sneers like
"And what about people in comas or dead people? Aren't we
discriminating against them by using communication that they cannot
understand? Dead people represent a much larger portion of humanity
than illiterate people" and statements like "I think that if you like
to write in pictograms, you would have much more communicative effect
if you used simplified Chinese, which derives its symbols from word pictures".)

Best regards,

Christophe

P.S. The formal objection mentioned above was to the last call
working draft from April 2006, which has been superseded by three
newer versions.

--
Christophe Strobbe
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442