Re: Which ARIA Roles do you use to mark-up clickable regions within a content view?

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:39:54 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>For example, you can click on a paragraph, an un-ordered list or an
>image in the 'content view' but I cannot find any ARIA Roles that cover
>their 'role' within the UI. They generate events, they 'trigger' actions
>and they should be navigable, but they are not buttons in the
>traditional sense of the word.

You need to explain a little more what happens when you click or what is
the behavior when you click to us, more than they generate events or
trigger actions - most all UI widget do that.   For example, if clicking
on the paragraph generate an event that updates the contents in another
panel - such as a table on contents link take you to the corresponding
page, then it seems to me to behave like a simple link - so code it as a
link.

If you have invented a new UI widget, then that would require extending
the ARIA roles in my opinion. If you were doing this "thing" in a Windows
desktop app, what would it be?

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research - Human Ability & Accessibility Center
http://www.ibm.com/able