From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Roger Hudson
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 10:34 PM
To: 'Gregory J. Rosmaita'; wai-xtech@w3.org; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: HTML5: First Public Working Draft Released

Thanks Gregory,

I find reading specs a painful experience but I have had a quick look at
the
draft HTML 5 stuff.

Am I right in assuming they are deciding to do away with headers for
data
tables after extensive pleading by the accessibility community for them
not
to do this? It appears so!

Point 3.4 Absent Attributes in the Differences document outlines the
"attributes from HTML 4 (that) are no longer allowed in HTML 5". The
list
includes, "headers, axis and abbr attributes on td and th" as well as
"summary attribute on table."

Roger