Fw: New version of Fire Vox - Support added for the Mac's built in TTS!

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:11:29 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3c.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Chen" <clc4tts@HotPOP.com>
Newsgroups: mozilla.dev.accessibility
To: <dev-accessibility@lists.mozilla.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:57 PM
Subject: New version of Fire Vox - Support added for the Mac's built in TTS!

New version of Fire Vox released today. This is the release that Mac
lovers have been waiting for! Support for the built-in Apple voices! I'd
write more in this release post but I'm guessing that most Mac owners
have already stopped reading at this point and are hitting my download
page. This release also includes some optimizations/stability fixes for
Orca users.

Enjoy!

Direct link:
http://firevox.clcworld.net/clc-4-tts_bundle_v3.6_release.xpi

-Charles
http://clcworld.net

Note:
This is my first shot at doing Cocoa programming and I developed this on
an Intel-based Mac laptop running OS X Tiger. So far, I've tested it on
other Intel-based Macs running Tiger and those have all been able to run
it fine. But I'm curious as to whether this will work on a PPC-based Mac
or on OS X Leopard (Intel or PPC) - my guess is that it won't work on
PPC-based Macs but will work on Intel-based ones running Leopard. If you
have one of those configurations and have tried this, please let me know
if it worked for you or not. Thanks!