Re: Update on Target Web Accessibility Lawsuit

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 08:02:13 +1030
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Quoth Cynthia Waddell at 2008-01-06 06:21...
> This is an update on members of this list following the NFB v. Target
> web accessibility lawsuit filed here in California...
<snip/>
> ... This means that the web accessibility lawsuit will move
> forward on behalf of all Americans as well as all Californians who are
> blind.

Thanks for that update, Cynthia - the World watches!  (At least, our
little part of it does.)

As a firm believer that 'sticks' are more effective than 'carrots' when
dealing with corporations, I feel that the denial of Target's petition
is a minor victory in its own right and that it may cause some
uneasiness amongst those who think that social inclusion is an option
rather than an obligation.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/