Re: People with disabilities using mobile devices to interact with the Web

To whom do we send our responses?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn Henry" <shawn@w3.org>
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:30 PM
Subject: People with disabilities using mobile devices to interact with the
Web

Dear WAI Interest Group Participants,

We are interested in collecting experiences, stories, and perspectives on
people with disabilities using the Web via mobile devices. For example: What
are use cases of accessing the Web via a mobile device that are particularly
useful for a person with a disability? What are unique issues accessing the
Web via mobile device (versus desktop or laptop) for people with
disabilities?

We are also interested in similar information about Web access via mobile
device by "seniors", older users who may have Web accessibility needs
related to ageing. Are there cases when accessing the Web via a mobile
device is particularly useful for older users, or they have unique issues
using the Web via a mobile device?

Please note that we are limiting the scope of this query to *specific
accessibility issues using the Web*, and *not* more general hardware issues,
non-Web functionality, etc.

Thank you for any ideas you share.

Regards,
~Shawn

-----
Shawn Lawton Henry, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
about: http://www.w3.org/People/Shawn/
phone: +1-617-395-7664
e-mail: shawn@w3.org