Re: Query - Street level maps for JAWS users in UK

David Poehlman wrote:

> So, we don't really need to worry so much about hitting a site like google
> maps cold and trying to access it so much as we do about what format the
> data can be made available in that can be used by other sites/devices?
> GoogleMaps can then suggest to visitors that if they want a more robust or
> accessible realtime experience, click here.

Generally that is something that suppliers of GIS data want to make as
difficult as possible, and also Google wants to ensure that you access
the data on their sites, where they are serving the adverts.

You are in the UK.  Ordnance Survey maps were available in digital form
in 1974, or earlier, but that data isn't directly affordable by the
general public because it is too valuable.  Instead you get to access it
via GPS devices or web sites that control access and may actually
present it in bitmap form.

This is always a problem for accessibility.  Acrobat has separate
options for normal cut and paste and for the equivalent operations
performed by AT APIs.

--
David Woolley