Re: Query - Street level maps for JAWS users in UK

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Stuart Auton
<stuart.auton@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm currently teaching a web design module for a UK based FE college.
>
> One of the learning support enablers has asked whether I know of any street
> level map website (like Google Maps) that is accessible to JAWS as one of
> the students she supports has just got a job with a local taxi firm and
> wants to improve their understanding of road locations, etc.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I believe Derek Featherstone (boxofchocolates.ca) gave a presentation
about making Google maps accessible at AEA Chicago last year - google
shows a lot of hits.  Perhaps contact him?  Might try open street maps
also, http://www.openstreetmap.org/