Re: Is @headers back?

From: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:13:08 +0100
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Sorry, my previous mail should have appeared as below. I blame the
chickenpox!

Chris Hoffman wrote:
> Is the @headers attribute back in the HTML5 draft?

Yes, along with improvements to the header association algorithm and many
other updates to data tables. A detailed response to table feedback was
posted to public-HTML by Ian Hickson on 23rd March 2008:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Mar/0215.html>

The message includes a snapshot into the research he did, existing research
he took into account and his rationales for choosing particular solutions.
This has become common practice when responding to HTML5 feedback.

Ian has told me over IRC that the tables section will probably remain as-is
for some time.

--
Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
Collections of Interesting Data Tables