Re: WCAG 2.0 and scripting

David Woolley wrote:

> Isofarro wrote:
>>
>> If a business wants to lock down what an employee can access with
>> their corporate hardware and software, it is well within its rights.
>> If a business wants to prevent an employee from using the required
>> tools to do his job, that's a problem for the business to solve, not
>> the web developer.
>
> That is a very dangerous position to take on an accessibility mailing
> list as it is very similar to the argument that says that authors have
> no responsibility for accessibility;

I don't see how you can confuse the two. The web developer is
responsible for creating accessible content. The business is responsible
for ensuring that its employees have the necessary tools to do their
jobs. Its a clear line of responsibility.

Muddying the responsibility helps neither the employee nor the web
developer, but certainly helps the business abrogate its responsibility
to its own employees (whether you believe that business' actions are
reasonable or not).