Re: WCAG 2.0 and scripting

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:50:27 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Quoth Harry Loots at 2007-09-27 20:19...
>... people who are to lazy to upgrade their
> browsers, ...

In a corporate environment, use of a specific browser may be mandated
(and possibly with scripting blocked).

Users may also not know HOW to upgrade their browsers.

I think that we tend to get sidetracked regarding the needs of AT users,
forgetting that non-AT users may be using software over which they have
no real control.  AT users are a specific user group - accessibility is
about UNIVERSAL access, not accessibility by specific groups.

Whatever the drafts of WCAG2.0 may say, I will be sticking to my stance:
"if it does not work in Lynx, it's broken".

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/