RE: WCAG 2.0 and scripting

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:40:12 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> andrew.odua@bt.com

> My understanding is that V2 is still in Draft? - If so then
> software vendors should not be able to claim compliance
> against V2 but adhere to V1 of the guidelines.

The part concerning accessibility supported technologies should be fairly stable in the current draft. You can already work towards WCAG 2.0, as long as you reference exactly which version / draft you're referring to.

WCAG 1.0 is out of date and out of touch with the current reality of the web. I'd rather see a good, solid attempt at complying with WCAG 2.0 current draft than a religious adherence to WCAG 1.0.

Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor
Enterprise & Development
University of Salford