Re: support for sub and sup in screen readers and talking browsers

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:59:08 +0100
To: "Christophe Strobbe" <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:01:08 +0100, Christophe Strobbe
<christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> I would like to collect some more data on the
> support of sub and sup by screen readers and
> talking browsers and I have put together a small
> test page for this purpose: <http://tinyurl.com/2qll7h>.

Using Opera's latest alpha release (Friday's nightly, see
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2007/09/14/opera-9-5-build to get a
copy) for Mac, and using Safari 2.04, both with VoiceOver on MacOS X
10.4.10 I get essentially the same results - it just reads the
superscripts and subscripts as seperated blocks with no particular
disctinction or announcement of how they differ.

Cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com   http://snapshot.opera.com - Kestrel (9.5α1)