Re: Mobile Accessibility Task Force Query

Hi Gregory,

Initially the scope of the Mobile Accessibility Task Force is limited to
describing the relationship between the Web Content Accessibility (WCAG)
and Mobile Best Practices Recommendations, to clarify what the differences
and overlaps are. While the Mobile Web Best Practices help enhance
accessibility for all users, they are different. It was agreed in the
working group not to include accessibility in the recommendation but to
include a clear reference to WCAG ("... many Web Content Accessibility
[WCAG] guidelines are general to all forms of Web access and are not
repeated here unless they have a specific mobile interpretation."). This
doesn't mean that mobile accessibility is not important, it's just outside
our scope at the moment.

best regards,

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant

If you are unable to reply to this message because of spam filter, try my
alternative address achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.

Si no puede contestar a este mensaje por culpa del filtro de spam, intente
con mi dirección alternativa achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.