RE: User Testing of Accessiblity Features

From: Alastair Campbell <alastc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:08:15 +0100
To: olivier.gendrin@gmail.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Olivier wrote:
> you will also have to explain the graphical choises of the website,
> because a website that uses sharp lines has not the same emotive
> sense that a website that uses round corners...
>
> So it leads directly to have alt even on CSS background images,
> because of emotion...

I don't believe so. If you wanted to give a sense of the design of the
site, you would do it once, perhaps something hidden on the homepage.

I would also differentiate between content images (i.e. per page), and
site-wide styles. Luckily, content images are usually foreground,
whilst site 'styles' are generally templated or in the CSS.

Kind regards,

-Alastair