Tables for layout

From: Duke Gledhill <d.gledhill@hud.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:57:32 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

This is my first post here, I hope you can all help.

I teach web programming at university at we teach the importance of
accessibility and not using tables for layout etc

However I have just had a school visit for the day and while discussing
this the teacher explained that the EdExcel guidelines promote the use
of tables for layout. I don't suppose anyone can confirm this? And if it
is true what are peoples thoughts?

Thanks
Duke

"Before doors, the outdoors was just called home"
Duke Gledhill
Senior Lecturer - Multimedia
University of Huddersfield
01484 472758