From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of allison.l.tynan@uk.pwc.com
Sent: Fri 5/25/2007 07:04
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Wanted: evidence of negative effects of moving images

Hi

I don't know of any large studies, other than perhaps the DRC's formal
investigation into website accessibility, which might have a section on
this subject.  However, I recently user tested a website with moving Flash
images.  The Flash contained text.  My dyslexic participants couldn't
actually read the text in the time permitted and also found the changing
image distracting when viewing other sections of the page.

KRs
Allison

             Andy Mabbett
             <andy@pigsonthewi
             ng.org.uk>                                        Action (To)
             Sent by:                       w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
             w3c-wai-ig-reques                            Information (cc)
             t@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                            Wanted: evidence of negative
             24/05/2007 21:46               effects of moving images

Further to accessibility discussions on Wikipedia

<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_%28proposals%29#Avoid_movement_in_pages

I'm looking for evidence of people with disabilities who are
caused problems by moving images. I know about rapid flashing a photo-
sensitive epilepsy, but I'm looking for citations that people with
cognitive disabilities, head injuries, dyslexia or whatever can be
effected by moving (as opposed to rapidly flashing) images,.

Can anyone help, please?

--
Andy Mabbett
            *  Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

This e-mail is sent by the above named in
their individual, non-business capacity and
is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying
to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.