WAI mandate to work with other WGs?

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 14:06:04 +0100
To: WAI Interest Group list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Could I just check (I seem to remember reading something long these
lines somewhere, but can't find it now): does WAI have a mandate to work
with other WGs to ensure the accessibility of any specs currently being

I ask mainly because of growing concerns in some accessibility quarters
about some of the seemingly arbitrary changes and additions being made
to HTML5, and wondering if WAI's mandate demands that they work with the
HTML WG or not (or vice-versa, if WGs are required to work with WAI)

Or am I just remembering things wrong?

Patrick H. Lauke