Re: [WebAIM] More data on accesskeys (New article written Nov. 1)

On 11/21/06, Accessys@smart.net <accessys@smart.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, John Foliot - WATS.ca wrote:
>
> > David Woolley wrote:
> > >
> > > 3.  I would result in uniform behaviour (for a single browser) across
> > >     sites, which would be rejected by designers because it frustrated
> > >     branding.
> >
> > Outside of an obvious anti-commercial slant, please expand on how uniform
> > browser behaviour would frustrate "branding".  What makes you think that
> > designers would be against a uniform, predictable browser behaviour, given
> > the largest complaints generally center around browser incompatibilities?
> > JF
>

> probably would work but how would you get the various competing browser
> makers to agree to anything. can you imagine Gates sitting down
> across the table from Job and Torvalds and trying to come to some
> agreement, then include the independent programmers and the big players
> like Sun and IBM....  I would love to see that meeting...

The browser manufacturers don't have to agree to anything as long as
they're internally consistent. Goto Site Map can be SHIFT+ALT+M on IE
and CTRL+SHIFT+P on Mozilla. It just matters that within a browser
different sites work the same way.

--

Orion Adrian