Re: More data on accesskeys (New article written Nov. 1)

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 22:46:12 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> If, for example, the author has used <link rel="home"> then they have, de

The problem is, of course, that the number of authors who use it is
vanishingly small, and I suspect, for the samre reasons, the number
using any alternative, like role=, will be similarly small.

I certainly agree that rel= covers the requirement.  (I also think that,
if browser developers hadn't rejected rel= for being too not-WYSIWYG,
it could have been used to allow the browser to create the navigation
menus from separate documents, rather than, as at present, cloning them
into every page.)