RE: More data on accesskeys (New article written Nov. 1)

From: Alastair Campbell <ac@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:33:44 -0000
To: "John Foliot - WATS.ca" <foliot@wats.ca>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "WebAIM Discussion List" <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>

> More than proposed, it is part of the HTML spec
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links]

I just remember reading an (easier to understand) article about it as a
better idea than accesskeys, but I can't remember where.

> Opera still support this (and my good buddy Chaals would love
> if you started using it/them)

I'll turn it on, I swap between Opera and Firefox for reading and
developing. With my overly-high res monitor, I prefer Opera's zoom:
http://alastairc.ac/2006/11/browser-zoom-comparison/

> Sadly, while the old Mozilla suite used to support this, it never
carried
> through to Firefox.

Presumably it would be easy to make an extension then? Either the code
for Moz or the accessibility toolbar would be a good basis.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html