RE: [WebAIM] More data on accesskeys (New article written Nov. 1)

John Foliot wrote:
> AFAIK, accesskey is still slated to be deprecated in XHTML 2,
> but what we are dealing with here is HTML/XHTML today, and sadly
> accesskey is still in that spec.

Sorry, I used the wrong phrasing there. I had meant deprecated from
general practice (sites *and* browsers), so that it would just be left
as it is for now, and phased out completely later.

I would rather see active development of the DTDs to make @role valid
(as you suggest) rather than further development of accesskey
functionality.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html