Re: examples of sites with good accessibility

On 10/27/06, Lois Wakeman <lois@lois.co.uk> wrote:

> "The problem is that the headings are styled as display: none ...  One
> solution might be to shrink the headings down to pixel size"
> A better one would be to rewrite the content so it uses headings properly
> in
> the context of the content - surely? And not just for users of AT.

The suggestion was an attempt at increasing accessibility while keeping
Andy's web app as close to its original form as possible.

Also, with the benefit of a graphical user agent, I can tell whet the
different sections of the page are by their position: navigation is at the
top or left side, the main content is in the middle, supplemental
information I can probably ignore is at the bottom. In that case explicit
headings for the sections aren't necessary. However, as soon as the context
of position is gone, headings become really really helpful for identifying
where I am on the page.

Chris