RE: SMIL - IIS Server

Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:

> These both are additional steps, and I would also prefer to avoid
> them also.

This is true, but it adds to dev time, server overhead, and complexity.
Bah!!!

>> This "hijacking" issue has become such a problem that I find
>> myself recommending people actual create native
>> (non-proprietary) SMIL files and importing them into FLASH to
>> create captioned Flash Files - at least then we don't have a
>> situation of dueling media players to contend with.
>
> This is a great idea! Do you have any demos?

LOL... That's not a surprising response Andrew...

While I don't have any samples handy at this time, I previously did this
using the HiCaption extension
[http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/extensions/hicaption/], which worked
well and was pretty straight-forward to use.

HiSoftware has a sample video available at:
http://www.hisoftware.com/hmccflash/hmccfl1demo.htm - quality could be a bit
better (Frame rate), but a decent sample of how it turned out.  Clicking on
the "CC" opens and closes the caption area - nice.

Cheers!

JF