Re: examples of sites with good accessibility

The problem is that the headings are styled as display: none. Many
screenreaders (Jaws among them) only read the screen-rendered content, and
so ignore any element with display: none.

One solution might be to shrink the headings down to pixel size:

 h1 {height: 0; width: 0; overflow: hidden;}

and then use absolute positioning to move them somewhere inconspicuous.

Chris